Welcome to the 2012 edition of Horizons, the 40th annual business and industrial review and forecast of Newfoundland and Labrador. Horizons is a joint project of sixteen newspapers:
- The Telegram (St. John’s);
- The Western Star (Corner Brook);
- The Compass (Carbonear);
- The Charter (Placentia);
- The Packet (Clarenville);
- The Southern Gazette (Marystown);
- The Beacon (Gander);
- The Pilot (Lewsiporte);
- The Advertiser (Grand Falls–Windsor);
- The nor’wester (Springdale);
- The Coaster (Harbour Breton);
- The Gulf News (Port aux Basques);
- The Georgian (Stephenville);
- Northern Pen (St. Anthony);
- The Aurora (Labrador City, Wabush); and
- The Labradorian (Happy Valley – GooseBay).
This year, Horizons is published in five (5) editions: sea; energy; land; and two editions of community:
- Sea profiles the following sectors: ocean technology; fisheries; aquaculture; shipbuilding; and marine transportation.
- Energy profiles the following sectors: oil and gas; hydro; wind; and solar power.
- Land profiles the following sectors: mining; forestry; agriculture and farming; and construction.
- Community, Editions One and Two profiles the following sectors: retail; education; tourism & culture; real estate; small business; and manufacturing. Town profiles are also featured in the Community editions.
Please note that editorial content related to the environment and transportation sectors may be dispersed throughout the five editions of Horizons.
The content of all five editions will be uploaded to this website. We hope you take time to read about the wonderful economic developments taking place in our province. It is a great time to be living in Newfoundland and Labrador and we have much to be proud of. You can also view the many advertisements and business profiles that highlight local businesses.
We welcome your feedback.